Thursday 18 August 2011

The Cherry Chomper


"Whoever loves cherries would definitely find that getting the pits out to be the most inconvenient experience. Good thing there are gizmos like the Cherry Chomper that will pit cherries on your behalf. All you need to do is place a cherry in its mouth, press the head and you’re good to go – the rapid plunging action will push the stone through the cherry, leaving it perfectly pitted and ready to eat."

The only thing that prevents me from eating cherries by the kilo is that pit removal slows me down.  With this handy gadget I can see myself turning into this.....


in no time at all.

I love kitchen gadgets.


I like expensive, indispensible gadgets like this...
Kitchenaid - the Holy Grail
and I love potentially useless but fun gadgets like this.....
Monkey Peeler
Chances are I'd buy this and a week later I'd be back to my 79c plastic peeler from Woolies that does the job so well despite it's ulitarian appearance.

I think that this gadget sounds awesome. Wooden Toast Tongs!
Toast Tongs
I'm constantly trying to get my toast out with my fingers (ouch) and frequently end up fishing it out with a knife (power turned off of course).

So I'd love to know what other groovy gadgets are out there that I've missed? 

Do you have a gadget you can't live without?

What have you bought and ended up chucking in the third drawer down?
Yeah, we ALL have a third drawer down, the Siberia of kitchen drawers.

2 comments:

  1. Can't live without: My orange Tupperware square of rubber... I'm sure it actually has a name, but it's literally a hand-sized rubber square, that you can use to grip bottles and jar lids etc if they're tough to open.

    I just opened 'that drawer' (mine is actually the second drawer down) and found two things that I don't recognise, and have no idea what they are. I put them back in and closed the drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kitchen is too weeny to collect gadgets. Probably a good thing. I do dream of owning a red Kitchenaid one day...

    ReplyDelete