Friday 29 July 2011

Because I Said So!


I miss my Dad.  I miss him every day.

This is me with my Dad when I was only 9 months old on holidays up the coast.

This morning I heard myself tell my daughter to hurry up and get ready to leave for school and I actually said the words “Come on hurry up, lickety split!”  A Dad-ism.

It’s funny how little sayings like this just stay with you.  Anyone else find themselves repeating phrases from their parents? You know besides, "Because I'm the parent!" and "Because I said so!" or "Don't make me say it again!"  All the things you swear you'll never say when YOU are a parent you somehow find yourself uttering.

My daughter was eating her dinner at snail's pace last night as usual and I said to her "I won't say it again, eat your dinner!"  She just looked up at me and said "Yeah, you will" with a very cheeky little grin on her face.  She was right of course.

1 comment: