Friday 29 July 2011

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Chocolate.  I love it.  I am devoted to dark chocolate.  
Truly, Madly, Deeply.
There are few things that bring me as much joy as good chocolate.  Last weekend I made a pilgrimage into the city to Haigh’s Chocolates in the Strand Arcade.  I couldn’t believe how busy this store was! Seriously! The line was out the door and it wasn’t like it was a special time of year, just a regular Saturday afternoon.
I purchased a packet of 10 Dark Chocolate Frogs and bought my daughter and her little friend a chocolate heart each.  $15 thank you very much.  It was worth it though!

I have compiled a list of my favourite chocolates in no particular order. 
1. Darrell Lea Dark Chocolate Ginger
I could easily consume an entire box in one sitting.  Hence I rarely buy them.

2. Dark Chocolate Marzipan
I know this is a controversial choice.  Many say marzipan tastes like medicine but I love it.

3. Dark Chocolate Raisinettes
I became addicted to Raisinettes when I visited the US a few years ago.  These are best enjoyed with a packet of Goobers (chocolate coated peanuts ).  Sadly* you can only get them at import shops like Sweet Surprises.


4. Fry’s Turkish Delight
Despite the fact it is coated in Milk Chocolate, this is a perennial favourite for me.  When they brought out the twin pack I gained 2kgs in about a month.


5. Haigh’s Dark Chocolate Frogs
Simple perfection in chocolate. What more can I say?


OK people, your turn.  Your top 5?  No judgment here.
(well maybe a little if you mention white chocolate)


8 comments:

  1. Chocolate covered almonds - yum!

    Reeces Peanut Butter cups..

    Peanut butter M&Ms... Hmm.. see a theme emerging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. top five???
    Old Gold Rum and Raisin
    Lindt Dark Orange Chocolate
    Cadbury Fruit and Nut
    Chocolate covered sultanas
    Lindor Lindt milk chocolate (the one with the creamy bit in the middle)

    Hungry now

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and "Truly, Madly, Deeply" just makes me desperate to see that movie again. Alan Rickman makes a gorgeous ghost.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Gold Rum & Raisin! My Dad used to love that and it was always a bit treat if we got a square after dinner! Yum. I want a square (or ten) now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it was five? Well, pretty much any kind of fruit and nut variety.. and now I want to see Truly Madly Deeply as well. I have an enduring crush on Alan Rickman...even in an HP film I still panted a little when he appeared on screen..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not that fussy, but it can't be nasty cheap Go Lo Easter egg chocolate. That stuff gives me the creeps.

    I like a Kit Kat Chunky. A Milo bar. A Boost. Lindt balls (especally the white ones) and even a Dream Bar from time to time.

    Mr P23 is a hardcore SNickers fan. But he says it with an accent, so it sounds like 'Sniikers'. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haigh's Dark Frogs!
    Old Jamaica
    Dark Lindt Bunny (it tastes better as a bunny)
    Cherry Ripe
    Also, anything with that salty peanut caramel vibe so I'll add an honourary mention to the humble Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And @theshawdaily I totally agree - Alan Rickman as Snape. How can somethng so wrong be so right?

    ReplyDelete