Tuesday 26 July 2011

Best Dessert Ever?



Well, it's certainly time consuming to make at home and expensive if you want to try Peter Gilmore's version but the Snow Egg seems to be all the rage in the dessert world right now. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind living in Dessert World....mmmm.

My dinner party dessert of choice for many years was Toblerone Two Tone Mousse but these days I have really lost my dessert making mojo. It's hard to get motivated when it's just the two of us and one of us would just be happy with a Mint Slice every night. Even if I wanted to make a delicious dessert I wouldn't know where to start these days.

So, your favourite dessert? You know, think "firing squad at dawn dessert".

7 comments:

  1. A friend of mine once turned up to my house with a dessert so incredible, I am not sure I could ever eat it again.. it was called Ambrosia! It onsisted of whipped cream, pineapple pieces and marshmallows... can you imagine such a thing? It was divine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make a rich, gluten free chocolate cake for the Music Man- haven't done it in years.
    I am fond of a home made Banoffee Pie
    The kids love my chocolate hot pots.....

    Mmmmm, hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How weird is this? I had never heard of Banoffee Pie until about a year ago! How did this happen? I am a convert now though....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big dessert fan, but can never ever ever go past a creme brule

    Stacey
    (Wordpress doesn't like me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to be a sticky date pudding girl. But not I'm a cremem brule lady. Nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nutella (sorry!), marshmallow and peanut calzone. Oh my goodness! So good.

    Leah (Wordpress hates me too)

    P.s. Hi Susie!

    ReplyDelete