Thursday 28 July 2011

I want an Uncle Bryn!

I want an Uncle Bryn!
For the uninitiated, “Uncle Bryn” is a character from the TV series Gavin & Stacey. It was shown here on the ABC a while back and somehow I missed it. Lucky for me, my dear friend Persephone put me onto it via Youtube and I was hooked. If you haven’t had a chance to watch any of Gavin & Stacey, do yourself a favour. You will fall in love with it I’m sure the way I did.



Back to Uncle Bryn. Bryn is the comic creation of UK actor, comedian and all round genius, Rob Brydon. Uncle Bryn is Stacey’s over-protective Uncle and he’s a bit of a dag. Here is a classic Uncle Bryn moment.



Gavin & Stacey is just the most brilliant show; hilariously funny, affectionate and clever. Despite being warned against rushing through the episodes, I think that I ended up watching the every single episode in two days including the commentaries and the behind the scenes and the extras. Fortunately, it’s so well written and chock full of clever little jokes that you can watch it over and over and see something new with every viewing.

My only regret is that I don’t have an Uncle Bryn. He is a gem.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I need to get my hands on the DVD box set asap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help you with that DQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it DQ. Mr DQ and the older ones will too.

    ReplyDelete